WEST COAST THEATRE WORLD

There is so much great theatre on the West Coast! Here's a sample of what we have to offer in L.A., San Diego, San Francisco, La Jolla, Pasadena, O.C. and more... Support the theatre... see a play tonight!

2/26/2011

SPIDER-MAN TURN OFF THE DARK


A colossal bore. I thought if anyone had the imagination to pull off a Spider-Man musical it would be Julie Taymor. I trusted she would do it in a way that we hadn’t even thought of that would blow our minds, like she did with The Lion King, but I’m sad to say Spider-Man Turn Off The Dark is everything we were afraid it would be, obvious, like every spoof done of it, hip-hop dancing Spidey & swinging him around the theatre on ropes. Really? That’s what you put up for $70 million?!!!! There’s better flying in American Idiot. The book is incoherent and a complete bore. I could list all the stupidity in the show but it would go on forever. The show just looks cheap. I am embarrassed for her, we deserve better! Notice I didn’t mention the music because there’s nothing to say. Save your money, see something, anything else!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home